Twitter Competition Terms & Conditions
1. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, all persons who respond to the specified tweet on the PGA European Tour Destinations Twitter page (the “Tweet”) before the stipulated closing deadline will be entered into a free competition as set out on Twitter (the “Competition”) to win a 3 (three) night stay for 2 (two) people in a one bedroom private villa, Rua do Comércio 27, 2510-662 Vau – Óbidos, Portugal, including two rounds of golf at ‘Bom Sucesso Resort’ (the “Prize”).
2. This competition is not open to employees of Bom Sucesso Resort or PGA European Tour (“European Tour”) or their group companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion. European Tour reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
3. By entering the Competition, you are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. Entries must be made by ‘retweeting’ the Tweet and ‘following’ the PGA European Tour Destinations Twitter page and Bom Sucesso Resort’s Twitter page. Entries received after the stipulated closing time and date will be invalid and will not be included in the Competition.
5. Entrants must be over 18 years of age and may be required to provide proof of identity. Only one entry per person. No third-party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted.
6. Any instructions provided in the Tweet form part of the Terms and Conditions of the Competition, but in the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence. Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
7. European Tour accepts no responsibility for entries that are not successfully completed due to a technical fault (including without limitation technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure) of any kind.
8. The Prize shall be the tickets, product, experience, or otherwise as is more particularly stipulated in these Terms and Conditions.
9. No payment is required to enter the Competition.
10. The closing date for entries is 23:59pm on [24/10/2019] (the “Closing Date”). The winner will be selected at random by a draw from all eligible entries conducted by European Tour. An independent observer shall supervise the draw. The draw shall take place on [25/10/2019]. All eligible entries made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and any additional instructions in the Tweet shall be included in the draw.
11. The Prize does not include food and beverage, flights, personal items, transfers, transport or any activities not mentioned in clause 1 above. The winner shall be responsible for all necessary permits, identification, travel arrangements and insurances, including without limitation travel insurance. The Prize shall be valid until 31 December 2020 and use of the Prize is excluded on the following dates:
- 24 December 2019 – 1 January 2020.
- 1 July 2020 – 31 August 2020 and
- 24 December 2020 – 31 December 2020
12. European Tour shall notify the winner on 25 October 2019 via Twitter using those details publicly available on the winner’s Twitter account. The winner must provide European Tour with an email address to claim the Prize. European Tour will make all necessary arrangements for the purposes of sending the Prize to the winner within seven (7) days of being notified of the winner’s email address and selected dates in accordance with clause 11.
13. If the winner declines to accept the Prize or does not respond to European Tour by 23:59 on 28 October 2019, then the Prize will be forfeited and European Tour will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
14. The winner may be asked to participate in further publicity connected with this promotion. By entering this Competition, the entrant agrees to his or her name and image being used by European Tour in this way and in related publicity following the draw. No compensation will be awarded for such promotional activities.
15. Entrants’ personal data is processed by European Tour, the controller of your personal data, and also by any agencies engaged by European Tour and involved in administering this Competition. Entrant’s personal data shall only be processed for the purpose of their participation in this Competition.
16. The European Tour offer no cash alternative to the Prize. The Prize is non-exchangeable, not transferable and no other alternative is offered or can be requested by the winner. European Tour reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of similar or equal value should the specified Prize become unavailable for reasons beyond its control.
17. European Tour’s decision relating to this Competition, the Prize and these Terms and Conditions is final and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
18. Entries made by anyone found to be using multiple Twitter accounts for the purposes of entering the Competition shall be ineligible.
19. European Tour reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
21. This Competition is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Competition.
22. The promoter of the Competition is: PGA European Tour, European Tour Building, Wentworth Drive, Virginia Water, Surrey, GU25 4LX.